Thursday, October 15, 2009

Actual Conversation

R_: Today I learned that you can only make two cups of tea with one teabag.

Me: Yeah, the second cup is never as good as the first and the third is undrinkable, but you can make an entire pot of tea with one teabag.

Randolfo: It has to do with the order that stuff comes off of the tea.

R_: I bet if you mixed all three cups together you would have something that was drinkable.

Randolfo: Or continuously moved the teabag from one cup to another.

R_: That's what I need... A teabagging robot!

Randolfo: OOooh!

At which point they both burst into hearty laughter. I still can't decide if he was leading up to a teabagging joke or if it just happened. In either case I won the point since making a pot of tea is infinitely more practical than building a single-use robot, no matter how funny its name is.

No comments:

Post a Comment