Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bet you can't figure out what they're talking about

Wilhelm: My position is that originally it tapered away for a long time but now it kind of just stops dead.  It's like one over X.

Randolfo: Eh, it's more like sine over X, cuz it falls away and then another peak hits you.

W: Sine of X plus a constant cuz it never falls to zero.

R: Eh, I still think it's more like sine of X.  Maybe with some kind of adjustment factor...

What are they talking about?  Bet you can't guess.  They're discussing the wine.  The wine we had with dinner.  Normal people use vague terms like "hint of freshly cut grass with peach overtones" but my engineers use functions of X.  What would I do without them?  By the way, the names I'm using for them were chosen by the engineers themselves.  Nerds...

No comments:

Post a Comment